Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Need fuel lines

(OLD ARCHIVED)Yamaha Virago buy/sell listings. These listings are from the old section we had for buying and selling of virago parts and bikes. This section is archived and viewable only.

Moderator: choppin

Dano1
What Virago you Own: 84 xv1000

Need fuel lines

Post by Dano1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm

Anyone have fuel lines for a 84 xv1000?

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: Need fuel lines

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:10 am

Dano1 wrote:Anyone have fuel lines for a 84 xv1000?
Dan,
Head over to your neighbourhood auto parts and pick up fuel line and cut to fit your bike. You really don't need preformed lines. Plus they are expense. Save a few bucks and get the auto parts fuel line in the diameter you need. No muss no Fuss. Least expense and will do the job quite well!
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
;)

Dano1
What Virago you Own: 84 xv1000

Post by Dano1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:08 am

Any idea what size the lines are? I need the ones going from the tank to the secondary.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Post by ViragoJoe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:29 am

Dano1 wrote:Any idea what size the lines are? I need the ones going from the tank to the secondary.
Put a clamp on the lines close to the sub tank to stop the fuel flow from the upper main tank to the sub tank. Then remove the hoses from the sub tank. Measure the diameter of the inner hole to get the approximate size. The hoses are metric, but you can find something close at your auto parts store. You may want to go a tad smaller, due to it being stretched over the sub tanks nipple or you can cut farther up to get a better measurement piece. Just a wag (Wild Ass Guess) here: 3/8" and 1/4" inner diameters. As for estimated length, buy more than what you think you will need. Experience dictates. It is always better to have more than not enough. Cuz, then you won't have to drive back for a spicing kit and/or buy more hose. Check out the prices in the link below against your auto parts store prices per foot. That will also help you in which way to go. As for me, being frugal (cheap), I've always have gone auto parts for the hoses. Get fuel grade hoses however. You don't want to be to frugal! :lol:

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts ... -xv1000l-n
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
;)