Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

1992 xv1100 for sale low miles clean, blown rear cyclinder

(OLD ARCHIVED)Yamaha Virago buy/sell listings. These listings are from the old section we had for buying and selling of virago parts and bikes. This section is archived and viewable only.

Moderator: choppin

freefam
What Virago you Own:

1992 xv1100 for sale low miles clean, blown rear cyclinder

Post by freefam » Fri May 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Just got this bike. Been sitting is a dry garage for 12+ years. very clean and nice bike 13k mi. Had old fuel in it but not horrible yet. Drained fuel out, put in fresh with berryman B12 Chemtool. ran it 50 miles cleaned out really good and ran very well , maybe 90% power. went to start it yesterday, big backfire, wouldnt start. Got it started today all kinds of knocking in it now. Long story short, now it has no compression in the rear cylinder and tons of blow-by out the oil fill hole. I think it cracked the piston? it develops about 30-40psi with it running off the front cylinder.
Anyway this bike is really clean and rust free low miles with a brand new AGM battery. Clean title good tires too.
Im in Virginia near Roanoke. Make offer. I'll never own another virago!

MichaelTorre
What Virago you Own:

Re: 1992 xv1100 for sale low miles clean, blown rear cyclinder

Post by MichaelTorre » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:19 am

Hello,
I am in Roanoke and want your bike.
660 six four 1 343five
Mickrob 9 at juno dawt com