Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

V&H Classic II exhausts [CLOSED]

(OLD ARCHIVED)Yamaha Virago buy/sell listings. These listings are from the old section we had for buying and selling of virago parts and bikes. This section is archived and viewable only.

Moderator: choppin

stuchele
What Virago you Own: 1992 Virago XV1100

V&H Classic II exhausts [CLOSED]

Post by stuchele » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Does anyone have a set of these pipes that can post I picture of the baffles? V&H wants $95 each for a replacement set.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: V&H Classic II exhausts

Post by ViragoJoe » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

stuchele wrote:Does anyone have a set of these pipes that can post I picture of the baffles? V&H wants $95 each for a replacement set.
OUCH!
How much are the pipes without the Baffles?!!

I just checked:
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ44022 ... gQodxcgDpQ

WOW!! Then another $200.00 for Baffles. They'd better have more than a little chrome on those pipes!

Price of Cobra's with Baffles:
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ44389

My friend, you could almost get a set of Cobra's for what Vance and Hines wants for just Baffles. Plus, Cobra's are triple chrome plated.
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
;)

stuchele

Post by stuchele » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Thanks Joe. Yes OUCH! is right. Really do not want to sink any more money into this bike. I maybe able to rig something up for some back pressure. Have to wait until the weather gets better.

Where about are you located? Right now,here in tropical Michigan we have a warm 31F. High for today is 35F and it's 6:30 p.M.. I really don't think it is going to make 35F.

ViragoJoe

Post by ViragoJoe » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:13 am

stuchele wrote:Thanks Joe. Yes OUCH! is right. Really do not want to sink any more money into this bike. I maybe able to rig something up for some back pressure. Have to wait until the weather gets better.

Where about are you located? Right now,here in tropical Michigan we have a warm 31F. High for today is 35F and it's 6:30 p.M.. I really don't think it is going to make 35F.
Wow, its been a year and I just came across this. It's in my signature Farmington Hills.
What about you?
ViragoJoe
;)

stuchele

Re: V&H Classic II exhausts [CLOSED]

Post by stuchele » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Joe,

Turns out I had baffles all along. I took them out for the motorcycle rally and man does she purr LOUD. I turned heads of big Harley dudes.

I finally got the bike running with no popping on decel with a pilot screw adjustment.

ViragoJoe

Re: V&H Classic II exhausts [CLOSED]

Post by ViragoJoe » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:01 pm

stuchele wrote:Joe,

Turns out I had baffles all along. I took them out for the motorcycle rally and man does she purr LOUD. I turned heads of big Harley dudes.

I finally got the bike running with no popping on decel with a pilot screw adjustment.
So, where are located in this tropical Paradise Peninsula?!! My Pal Bill has Cobra pipes on his little lady and she turns heads as well with the nice rumble sound!!
ViragoJoe
;)