Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Hunting for a Engine to replace my 82' XV750

(OLD ARCHIVED)Yamaha Virago buy/sell listings. These listings are from the old section we had for buying and selling of virago parts and bikes. This section is archived and viewable only.

Moderator: choppin

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Hunting for a Engine to replace my 82' XV750

Post by Rob » Sat May 23, 2015 12:08 am

I am looking for an Engine to replace the one in my XV750. Pretty much interested in any Virago motor that will bolt up without too much hassle. Doesn’t matter if it runs or not. Nothing smaller than a 500 and no bigger than a 750. I like the mileage I get as far as fuel goes and anything bigger will just eat too much fuel. Besides the 750 will do 13 sec 1/4 miles. :mrgreen: HEHE.
I definitely want a 1984 Virago Engine or newer. The main reason for wanting a different engine is because of the unfixable starter problem on mine. I will keep my 750 for a backup but would really like a Gen 2 motor without the issues. As long as the motor has good compression I will be happy. I can go through it an make her a runner. Hell... that’s what I did to the one I have now. :twisted:
As far as price goes I am a poor bastard. Let me know what you have in detail and what you are trying to get out of it. The closer you are to Mid Michigan the better as I am not too interested in having it shipped... I want my eyes on it before I buy. :shock: Peace.
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Vikapolyak
What Virago you Own:

Hunting for a Engine to replace my 82 XV750

Post by Vikapolyak » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:37 am

I am looking for a Electric start conversion for a Lister CS engine, or a good way to make my own. I don't like the starters with the wheel on it as much as the real setup. Any ideas are appreciated thanks.
ЕСЛИ ЧТО-ТО НЕПОНЯТНО ВСЕГДА СМОТРИ СЮДА!

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hunting for a Engine to replace my 82' XV750

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 am

Hi. Just letting you know that you should have started a new topic in 'Off Topic Chat' since this motor doesn't have anything to do about the Yamaha Virago. No worries though. I am opening a thread for you there right now. You can go see it at
http://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=1131#p1131
Thanks for stopping in!!
Peace
Rob
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:25 pm

You need to goto this site http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?P ... &board=3.0
and sign up and post your questions about Lister engines there. I am sure you will get plenty of help on that subject there. Take care and good luck!
Peace.
Rob

tokki
What Virago you Own:

Post by tokki » Tue May 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am a owner of a 1982 Yamaha XV750 and recently serviced it.
However, due to reasons I am unable to drive it. It's still in its original condition including the leather saddle bags. I rather not sell it for it's parts but would like to inform you that there is a running 82' XV750.

let me know if you might be interested

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Thu May 12, 2016 9:10 am

Hi. How much and where is it located?
Peace.
Rob

tokki
What Virago you Own:

Post by tokki » Thu May 12, 2016 9:18 am

Hi Rob,

It's located in Benton County Indiana. And regarding how much to ask....I really don't know. All I can state is what had been payed for it and ask you for your expertise.
For buying it and service we payed around 2500. It has after my knowledge all its original parts down to the saddle bags.

Forgive the bird.....she just like to be in pictures and no she is not included :D

tokki
What Virago you Own:

Post by tokki » Thu May 12, 2016 1:03 pm

here is a picture. sorry forgot to attach it
Attachments
20150811_131451.jpg
20150811_131417.jpg