Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

A few Yamaha 1982 Virago XV750J parts

(OLD ARCHIVED)Yamaha Virago buy/sell listings. These listings are from the old section we had for buying and selling of virago parts and bikes. This section is archived and viewable only.

Moderator: choppin

Blackfireball5
What Virago you Own:

Re: A few Yamaha 1982 Virago XV750J parts

Post by Blackfireball5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:24 am

Hey Rob, so you have any of the parts listed in your pictures still? I just got my first motorcycle and she needs a bit of work.

Let me know if you still have all the things pictured.

I need the rear taillight housing (the chrome part) and the driver side reflector cover.

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 am

sure. Let me make sure what I have left in the garage.
Rob
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:04 am

I have a box of random stuff left . here is some pics of the rear taillight assembly. It is everything you need. Chrome fender, housing, lights, wiring.
When you say driver side reflector are you talking about the plastic side cover for the coil packs or are you talking about the little square on the rear fender?
Probably be $10-$15 just to ship the chrome fender. It is in what I consider good condition. The viewable chrome once it is mounted looks very nice. Of course the inside is pitted and such but it cannot be seen. Just make me a fair price + shipping. Peace.
Rob
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Blackfireball5
What Virago you Own:

Post by Blackfireball5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 am

Hey Rob, as far as the taillight goes, I won't need the fender itself, as I have one that is painted to match my bike. I just need the chrome housing which was cracked on mine.

See my picture with the red circle.

Additionally, the cover i'm referring to is circled in this picture as well. Except I need the left side, not the right side one.

I also need the rubber grommet and the plastic mount that holds the side panels on. I need them for both sides of the bike as mine are breaking apart. Do you have those? I circled the locations i'm referring to as well.

I honestly have no idea what to ask for these parts. Would shipping still be $10-$15 without the whole fender?

Would $30 total be acceptable for all these things? If not, let me know.

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:58 am

Man I just love how these bikes look. Honestly I think the wider V twin engine is what makes these bikes look so good. Just a damn nice design.

I have the left coil cover. Actually have the whole set. Left, right, and front center piece. I really would like to keep the coil cover set together. Selling one part of the 3 piece coil cover set doesn't make sense. I would like to keep it as a set.

I can take the rear chrome brake light assembly apart though. That part of the rear fender is in excellent shape.

Tell you what I will do. $25(includes shipping) for the rear tail light assembly. Or $40 for the entire 3 piece coil cover set(They are in great shape but are black) and the brake light assembly. I will look for them rubber gromets but I do not think I have them. I think $40 for these parts plus shipping is fair.

That bike has lots of petential. How well does she run? Peace.
Rob

Blackfireball5
What Virago you Own:

Post by Blackfireball5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:26 pm

I actually bought it from a woman who didn't have the money a shop quoted to fix her. I could get it running but it would stall very easily. I had to uhaul it home.

This past weekend we rebuilt the carbs, changed the oil, new spark plugs, and changed the ignition (previous owner was using a screw driver to start it). She started right up, runs great. A little rich and carbs need synced but 10x better than before.

I'm a new rider so this has ben a great experience for me.

Here's a few more things parts I need. Let me know if you have any of these additional items:
  • The front Master Cylinder reservoir screws
  • High beam switch on handlebars (switch was snapped off)
  • Mirrors
I think $40 sounds good. If you have any of those other parts, let me know what you'd want for them as well.

Thank you!

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:35 pm

I am about to go get my dad from the hospital and get him home. I constantly travel back and forth taking care of him. I won't be back until Wednesday morning so that is the soonest I can ship anything, so no rush on paying. If you have PayPal we can use that. I am going to check and see if I have them rubber grommets and the other stuff you need. I will get back to you in about 10-15 mins to let you know if I have any of that stuff. be right back.

Blackfireball5
What Virago you Own:

Post by Blackfireball5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Sounds great.

No rush. I'll use paypal.

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:56 am

Thanks for the payment and the smooth transaction. I shipped the parts priority 2 day and insured them for $50. I will PM you with the rest of the details. Thanks again!
Rob

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Hey all! I am down to just a few xv750 parts left. I will see what I have left and take some pictures and posts whats left over this weekend.

Do YOU have some spare good Virago parts you would like to get rid of? Post them here on the forums and get yourself a few extra bucks to get that upgrade you have had you eyes on ;) Maybe pick up some of Rich's custom parts he puts together like them shifters and such.
Peace.
Rob