Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Foot Pegs vs Footboards

Various Yamaha Virago Chit-Chat

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: Foot Pegs vs Footboards

Post by ViragoJoe » Sat May 11, 2019 3:53 pm

Michelle wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:47 am
Yes. I also would be interested to know about this "heal-toe shifter" thingy. I have my next lesson this Monday. I'll try to relax more. Truth is... I'm scared to death of that bike :lol:
Michelle,
Here is the Heel Toe Shifter our pal Choppin use to manufacture. It was adjustable to fit any type of boot or shoe a person was wearing. It adjusted in a minute or two.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=139
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Post by Michelle » Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Wow! Looks awesome. I take it he no longer makes them?
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Post by Rob » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Unfortunately he moved away and gave up his business and shop he had worked out of. ViragoJoe knows of the situation better than me. However.. I am about a year into becoming a machinist and will get with Joe here soon to see if I can manufacture any of these parts at the shop I work at if we are unable to get ahold of these kits anymore. Something to work on as these are very nice to have.
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Post by Michelle » Sun May 12, 2019 1:11 am

Thought you might like to see the angle of my footpads at present :lol:
The bike has been dropped in the past... Both sides, yet I am told these angles are normal.
I have a new right side foot support coming (as the current one is bent in and touches the exhaust pipe) and some floor boards. Once they all arrive I'll assess the angle of the left side and try to bend it to a straight angle. I am told however, that the angle shown here is quite normal for a Virago and is done like that due to the foot controls. :shock: Rather doubtful of that actually.
20190512_130350-01.jpg
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates