group rides? anyone?

Various Yamaha Virago Chit-Chat

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125.

group rides? anyone?

Post by jsyzdek » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 pm

I wonder if there are other folks around the SF Bay area who would be up for a group ride. When I ride my sports bike, I always ride solo because:
1) most people can't keep up with me
2) I don't want the distraction of other people while I'm dragging my knees

That said, I typically ride the Virago with my wife at a lot calmer pace and it would be nice to go in a group. Riding is a perfectly "socially distant" sport: I don't think anyone would like to ride closer than 6' apart.

Last Sunday we ran into a large group of Harleys and it was a cool view to see all ~30 of them parked together, and then ride down the serpentine from Mt. Diablo, as slow and loud as they were. Still cool. And that gave me a thought: how about other cruiser owners: anyone interested in meeting new people on a leisurely ride through our local twisties? I'm in Oakland and I'm happy to ride in any direction: could be Marin (e.g. Tomales Bay, Bolinas-Fairfax Rd), San Mateo County (e.g. 92 => 35 => 84 => 1 => 92), or Skyline/Grizzly Peak Blvd in the Oakland hills... you name it.
Keep Calm and Ride On!