Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Australian Virago Riders

Various Yamaha Virago Chit-Chat

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Australian Virago Riders

Post by Michelle » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 pm

G'day from Western Australia.

Many forums like this one are USA based, and when an add is posted (if someone has something for sale, or a ride is being organised) it's always in Michigan or Iowa or something, and us poor Aussies get left out (insert sad face here) :cry: .

So I figured that if this forum gets enough Aussie Virago riders, we could have our own thread that is just for us and we can chat, buy and swap, and even make some new RL friends and even meet for rides, etc.

So... I'm Michelle from Mandurah in Western Australia, and I ride a Virago XV-400 that I picked up from a young lawyer who had no idea what he had. The poor bike was badly banged up and had even been spray painted by hand out of a can and with no masking tape being used. Happy to say she became my new project.

I'm also still on my L-Plates but hope to have my full licence pretty soon. Below is a pick of my bike as she looks now and I call her Tokyo Rose.

I've been on many forums with regards motorbikes and Viragos in general, and this one (I have found) is the best. It's relevant, helpful, and really has good information. I have practically used this forum for help and advice at every stage of my bike's renovation. I am on other forums, but I keep coming back to this one. So if you ride a Virago and are an Aussie, post your story here and show the rest of the world the "bikes from Oz". Make some new friends, and maybe meet up with other Virago owners near where you live.

So have a great day, throw another shrimp on the barbie (Lol) and stay upright.
Virago Scaled.png
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates

johnxb351
What Virago you Own: 1993 XV1100

Re: Australian Virago Riders

Post by johnxb351 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:51 am

G'day Michelle Tokyo Rose looks good. I cant say i seen one up close. I like the idear of oz virago riders going for a ride I would go bike riding with you but the time i got there from NSW i would be worn out :)

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Re: Australian Virago Riders

Post by Michelle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:18 am

Huge rally happening next year in 2020. I'm a member of the Ulysses Motorcycle Club (Mandurah Chapter) and we are hosting the national rally next year. It will be huge. The Ulysses Club is for riders in Australia aged over 50, but I'm sure all would be welcome to the national rally here in Western Australia next year if you just have a love of your bike.

Google "Ulysses Club National Rally 2020" for more information.

I'm throwing a tent on the back of my Virago and I'll be there for sure. :D
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates