Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

1993 XV535 Engine Parts (Location: Lansing, MI)

Have some Yamaha Virago parts lying around you want to get rid of? List them here!
partimebob@lan2
What Virago you Own:

1993 XV535 Engine Parts (Location: Lansing, MI)

Post by partimebob@lan2 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:46 am

Hello. Thought I would put some feelers out for anyone who might be looking for a 535 powerplant. I have a 93 I acquired from a co-worker this summer. It is complete with carbs and starter. It is producing in spec compression. Mileage is unknown but my best guess is moderate. If u would be interested let me know and and can post all info. It is located in Lansing Mi.

partimebob@lan2
What Virago you Own:

Re:1993 XV535 Engine Parts (Location: Lansing, MI)

Post by partimebob@lan2 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:50 am

PS. I would consider parting out. Lots of goodies there.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: 1993 XV535 Engine Parts (Location: Lansing, MI)

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:43 pm

partimebob@lan2 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:50 am
PS. I would consider parting out. Lots of goodies there.
partime,

Is this engine a running engine?

Also, what goodies are you speaking of?

Could you be more specific what you have. It would streamline the process of folks contacting you for specific parts, that are available, rather than trying to second guess what you are offering.

Or are you saying that you are willing to part out the engine rather than selling as a total assembly? It's not clear.
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

partimebob@lan2
What Virago you Own:

Re: 1993 XV535 Engine Parts (Location: Lansing, MI)

Post by partimebob@lan2 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:33 pm

Sure thing Joe. Here's more on the 535. I'm getting compression readings of 155psi front. 152 psi rear. This is a cold test. ( ambient temp 45degf). Howerver both spark plug bores have the threads in bad shape so if these heads are used they would need 2b helicoiled. Starter working great, carbs look good enough to clean and most likley will not need kits. Case covers are in great shape and would polish out well. There is 1 chrome head cover missing. I think the best I could do selling complete would be limited because of the heads and shipping cost so I'm going to part it out. The carb assembly alone has significant value. They are getting hard to find. So if there is anyone that sees something here they need or want post and we can work something out. I'm not trying to get rich here but if I sell it complete I would have to give it away. I have no need for this 1, I just what to see it used not collecting dust. I have 3 major bike projects ongoing now and their all vintage Honda's.

Click Imagines to Enlarge and get Correct Orientation of the Pictures:
1224191253.jpg
1224191254.jpg
1224191254a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.