☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

Oil filter Cover 1981 Virago 750 (Denver, Colorado) (Another Member Has Part)

Need a specific part for your Yamaha Virago? Looking for that special Virago model and year? No fear post your request here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Blakesf
What Virago you Own: xv750 1981 virago

Oil filter Cover 1981 Virago 750 (Denver, Colorado) (Another Member Has Part)

Post by Blakesf » Wed May 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Looking for the cover that bolts on over the oil filter for a 1981 yamaha virago 750. Believe its listed as an oil element cover.

part number: 4X7-13447-01-00

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: Oil filter Cover 1981 Virago 750 (Denver, Colorado) (Another Member Has Part)

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed May 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Blakesf wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:47 pm
Looking for the cover that bolts on over the oil filter for a 1981 yamaha virago 750. Believe its listed as an oil element cover.

part number: 4X7-13447-01-00
==========

Blake,

Update your profile to include State and Bike information. The system will update all your topic posting automagically.

You will need to take some deep dives in the internet to find one.

Or try a Yamaha Dealer for a new O.E.M part.

Cover, Oil Element Xv750 Virago 1981 (b) Usa

https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xv750-vira ... x71344701/

Yamaha 4X7-13447-00-00 Cover, Oil Element; New # 4X7-13447-01-00 Made by Yamaha

Neither of the above are available. Might be easier to find Hens teeth.

They do become available, you just have to keep searching.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

All topics are archived by vehicle families for easy perusing and to find answers.

Also: If this website was helpful, please consider donating to help keep this site here for yourself and future Virago owners.

her838a2
What Virago you Own: XV920J

Re: Oil filter Cover 1981 Virago 750 (Denver, Colorado) (Another Member Has Part)

Post by her838a2 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:20 pm

I have the part you need. This cover came off a 1983 XV920. All the 81 thru 83 750 and 920 used the same part. I am in Idaho and will sell it to you for 40.00 that includes shipping to CO. You can reply here or text me 208-416-9123.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

her838a2
What Virago you Own: XV920J

Post by her838a2 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:29 am

I have listed this oil filter cover on Ebay if you still need this part

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Post by faffi » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Good original Gen I oil filter covers like the one for sale above are really rare!

Without attempting to steal a sale from her838a2, one can quite easily modify the later oil cover from the XV750/1100, dating 1986 onwards. While styled slightly differently, it is a much sturdier item than the original oil filter cover, meaning the ears/lugs for the retaining bolts are unlikely to break off.

You need to drill a new hole for the oil so that it can flow to the head

I do not have a close-up of the cover fitted, but it does not look particularly out of place to me
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.