Carb badges for 1983 Midnight Virago 750 (San Antonio, Texas)

Need a specific part for your Yamaha Virago? Looking for that special Virago model and year? No fear post your request here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

silverman
What Virago you Own: '83 Midnight Virago 750, '85 XV1000+

Carb badges for 1983 Midnight Virago 750 (San Antonio, Texas)

Post by silverman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 pm

Searching for the plastic carb badges for 1983 XV 750 Midnight Virago. Have 1 broken one and 1 that I have cast out of resin (made a mold, Hobby Lobby). Not perfect and would like to either have originals or very excellent reproductions. Thanks.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: Carb badges for 1983 Midnight Virago 750 (San Antonio, Texas)

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:24 am

silverman wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:58 pm
Searching for the plastic carb badges for 1983 XV 750 Midnight Virago. Have 1 broken one and 1 that I have cast out of resin (made a mold, Hobby Lobby). Not perfect and would like to either have originals or very excellent reproductions. Thanks.
Hello silverman,

Been awhile hearing from you. How's things?

Yes sir, You definitely have a challenge regarding these Plastic Carburetor Badges. Trying to find cosmetic items for a 38 years young bike is going to be difficult. Hens teeth might be easier to locate. I'm not saying that there aren't any, just going to be hard to locate. Keep searching the internet. If I come across any as I'm surfing around, I'll get back to you.

Hopefully, others here on Virago Help will do the same. The more eyes poking around the better. Could you attach a clear picture of the badge. Photo's that I've seen are too far away to see clearly. thanks.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location & Bike Information.
It will aid us in assisting you!

silverman
What Virago you Own: '83 Midnight Virago 750, '85 XV1000+

Re: Carb badges for 1983 Midnight Virago 750 (San Antonio, Texas)

Post by silverman » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Thanks Joe, yeah I have been rebuilding some vintage 2-strokes. Yamaha enduros and Suzuki TS dual purpose. Still have my Viragos and others. I just might cast another carb badge, save my mold and original. Same shape and color as original but finish not exact. Maybe powder coating the gold will look better. I will try to do a better job of being involved here. best to all, especially you Joe.