☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

Battery monitor

This area is for sharing Maintenance Procedures & Information related to the Yamaha Virago Electrical System.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Gvozdeni
What Virago you Own: XV1100 (1993)

Battery monitor

Post by Gvozdeni » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello,

as ViragoJoe wrote in this post (https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1328) it is good decision to have a battery monitor installed.

Is installing battery monitor from AliExpress OK move or I should aim for some better quality one?

Link to battery monitor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301863 ... mainSearch

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Re: Battery monitor

Post by jsyzdek » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:11 pm

I installed something like in the attached picture. I don't stare at the voltmeter while I ride, but if I want to make sure that everything is OK, I can quickly look at it and see. I bought it on eBay for $11, and it gives me a USB port for charging my phone/GPS, and it has a 12V outlet for a portable compressor or a lot of other automotive accessories.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep Calm and Ride On!

Gvozdeni

Post by Gvozdeni » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:38 am

Thx, which is the best way to connect it?
I doubt it should go directly to battery.

Edit:

I found this one. It have his own switch so it can go directly to battery.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Motorbike- ... 635-2958-0

smeatonarab
What Virago you Own: 1995 Virago XV1100

Post by smeatonarab » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 am

Hi, I fitted a chrome voltmeter last year and it seems ok. I connected the wiring to an ignition feed behind the headlight. Apologies for picture, it was quite dark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gvozdeni

Post by Gvozdeni » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am

TY all, I ordered mine and I will let you know when I mount it.

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Post by jsyzdek » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:32 pm

I ran a 14 gauge cable from the battery to the front of the bike, with a 15A fuse right at the battery, in case something goes wrong down the line. That cable goes into a little switch panel with 4 rocker switches: for the extra headlights, grip warmers, and the USB/12V/voltmeter combo. So yes, I have it on a switch, just not the one they provided.

I also have a battery tender hook-up at the front of the bike, which bypasses the switches.
Keep Calm and Ride On!

Gvozdeni

Post by Gvozdeni » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:43 am

Gvozdeni wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am
TY all, I ordered mine and I will let you know when I mount it.

Finaly mounted (directly to battery, there is an "OFF" switch on the back)
(not to mention that two battery monitors were lost in transit and no refund for second one, this is third)

battery_monitor_1.jpg
battery_monitor_2.jpg
battery_monitor_3.jpg