Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Single carb issues 1984 XV750

The area for the Yamaha Virago DIY enthusiast.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Ironbandet
What Virago you Own:

Single carb issues 1984 XV750

Post by Ironbandet » Tue May 07, 2019 8:33 am

Yes I have read the Chronicles three times but my issue is not mentionned. Its a 84, 750 converted to Bobber. I have a doner 1000 and using its carb while keeping my originals in case I change my mind. Problem; rear cylinder plug keeps burning up, front plug is white. I have been rejetting bigger up to 140, problem is still present and front plug is black. I have not played with needle. Exhaust is not stock, not straight pipe,, just a small section of glass pack, Also, I don't have an air filter yet, trying to get positive results before thinking about that. :? So if anybody has gone down this road any pointers would be appreciated :mrgreen:

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: Single carb issues 1984 XV750

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue May 07, 2019 8:43 am

Ironbandet wrote:Yes I have read the Chronicles three times but my issue is not mentionned. Its a 84, 750 converted to Bobber. I have a doner 1000 and using its carb while keeping my originals in case I change my mind. Problem; rear cylinder plug keeps burning up, front plug is white. I have been rejetting bigger up to 140, problem is still present and front plug is black. I have not played with needle. Exhaust is not stock, not straight pipe,, just a small section of glass pack, Also, I don't have an air filter yet, trying to get positive results before thinking about that. :? So if anybody has gone down this road any pointers would be appreciated :mrgreen:
Iron,
Why do you want to go to a Single Carb.?

When one starts playing with intake and/or exhaust tends to open up a can of worms.
You are altering the bikes intended design. Find someone with a dyno or you will play Hell to get it right. Good Luck!!

Suggest you look at this:
Drag Pipes or No Drag Pipes:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=922
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)