Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

vintage tires

The area for the Yamaha Virago DIY enthusiast.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

bobthebuilder
What Virago you Own:

vintage tires

Post by bobthebuilder » Sat May 06, 2017 4:15 pm

I've got an 87 Vir that i'm wanting to put vintage tires on for that oldschool look. Building a bobber. I need help! I've been to coker, revzilla, and any other on line place that i can think of an am pointed towards and cant find 140/90/15 rear and 90/90/19. Anyone have any luck finding these sizes so I can get moving? I was hoping for the firestone or Shinko 270 look.

Thanks,
Bob

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: vintage tires

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:I've got an 87 Vir that i'm wanting to put vintage tires on for that oldschool look. Building a bobber. I need help! I've been to coker, revzilla, and any other on line place that i can think of an am pointed towards and cant find 140/90/15 rear and 90/90/19. Anyone have any luck finding these sizes so I can get moving? I was hoping for the firestone or Shinko 270 look.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob,
Standard tires are:
100/90-19 Front
140/90-15 Rear
These sizes are available for your Virago. You just have to search the internet for various tire manufacturers that produce these sizes. However, White Raised Letter tires will be harder to find.

To find tires with a specific look that you want is going to be most difficult. You may have to compromise on the look you want.
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)