1984 XV750 Need guidances to convert to Inverted fork front suspension (Myanmar)

The area for the Yamaha Virago DIY enthusiast.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Booyahshakah
What Virago you Own: XV 750 (1984)

1984 XV750 Need guidances to convert to Inverted fork front suspension (Myanmar)

Post by Booyahshakah » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi, I just bought a Yamaha XV750 (1984). And I want to convert the front suspension. I want to change the inverted fork.
But I'm new to this and I don't know much. Please I need suggestions and guidances. And I'd like to apologize in advance in case my questions sounded stupid or ridiculous, I'm a noob basically.

From which bike's fork will be the best fit? That needs little to no modification, is there such thing?

What are the parts I definitely need to purchase? For example, a pair of inverted fork, triple clamp, Discs? Rim?
What is the most important thing I need to consider? I assume, The stem fit will be important. Any other suggestions?

I am from Myanmar and parts are not too accessible, not to easy to buy (I mean I just can't order a new set from the internet). So it'll be a lot helpful if I know exactly what I need to get or prepare beforehand.

Please give me some suggestions.
Thank you so much in advanced.
Terry

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: 1984 XV750 Need guidances to convert to Inverted fork front suspension (Myanmar)

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Booyahshakah wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi, I just bought a Yamaha XV750 (1984). And I want to convert the front suspension. I want to change the inverted fork.
But I'm new to this and I don't know much. Please I need suggestions and guidances. And I'd like to apologize in advance in case my questions sounded stupid or ridiculous, I'm a noob basically.

From which bike's fork will be the best fit? That needs little to no modification, is there such thing?

What are the parts I definitely need to purchase? For example, a pair of inverted fork, triple clamp, Discs? Rim?
What is the most important thing I need to consider? I assume, The stem fit will be important. Any other suggestions?

I am from Myanmar and parts are not too accessible, not to easy to buy (I mean I just can't order a new set from the internet). So it'll be a lot helpful if I know exactly what I need to get or prepare beforehand.

Please give me some suggestions.
Thank you so much in advanced.
Terry

Terry (Booyahshakah),

Looks like you are the trail blazer on this one. Haven't had anyone request this conversion before. I've seen pictures of Virago's with Inverted front forks. I've just never seen one in the flesh. Myself, I have no idea what was used to switch them over.

Unless someone else here on the Virago Help forum has done it. Then they will most likely chime in.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location & Bike Information.
It will aid us in assisting you!

sprocket
What Virago you Own: sprocket is my name I have a 83 mkll and 82 j partsbike

Re: 1984 XV750 Need guidances to convert to Inverted fork front suspension (Myanmar)

Post by sprocket » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:05 am

Sprocket here from what i hear most people use the front end off an R6 you can get on all balls site they have a conversion chart, but you have to make sure your stem is the same length other Than that there is a lot you can do
Peace✌
83 920mk2/82 920j