2006 XV250 Won't Start

This area is for sharing Maintenance Procedures & Information related to the Yamaha Virago Fuel System.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

T%Tayle

2006 XV250 Won't Start

Post by T%Tayle » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:47 am

xv250 just bought one it sat for 1 and half years it took a little bit but then it started. rode it around parking lot for about half mile or so. Next day it started fine let it run about 10 min but when I tried again. when I hit the throttle it died, after that it would occasionally start about half choke. idle a little bit but as soon as I touched the throttle it died. next day it will not fire at all, help. plugs getting fire. read the general fuel system article but haven't clue where any thing is located

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: 2006 XV250 Won't Start

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:01 am

T%Tayle wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:47 am
xv250 just bought one it sat for 1 and half years it took a little bit but then it started. rode it around parking lot for about half mile or so. Next day it started fine let it run about 10 min but when I tried again. when I hit the throttle it died, after that it would occasionally start about half choke. idle a little bit but as soon as I touched the throttle it died. next day it will not fire at all, help. plugs getting fire. read the general fuel system article but haven't clue where any thing is located
read the general fuel system article but haven't clue where any thing is located
Where did you read the General Fuel Article. From this site or another site? If from this website, which article?

We suggest getting a repair manual for this XV250 and peruse it to get familiar with the bike. That will assist you in determining where everything is located. Use the internet to learn more about your bike. You Tube has videos that may help you.

Understanding the workings of your bike will provide you with the knowledge to repairing it!
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location.
It will aid us in assisting you!