Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Seat adjustment

This area is for sharing Maintenance Procedures & Information related to the Yamaha Virago Frame.

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

MAK
What Virago you Own: 1997 XV1100

Re: Seat adjustment

Post by MAK » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:31 am

I 2nd that the seat does not seem quite right. I have an xv1100 and I find myself stretching backwards on my pegs and riding my a** a bit farther back and up the seat. Coincidentally I am 5' 10" and without heels as well ; )

I too thought the shape of the seat could be better.
MAK
Long time Yamaha rider with a big gap in between riding...
1st Bike - Yamaha XJ650G Maxim 1 1980
Current Bike - Yamaha XV1100 Virago 1997

“Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” -Roy M. Goodman

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: Seat adjustment

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:35 am

MAK wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:31 am
I 2nd that the seat does not seem quite right. I have an xv1100 and I find myself stretching backwards on my pegs and riding my a** a bit farther back and up the seat. Coincidentally I am 5' 10" and without heels as well ; )

I too thought the shape of the seat could be better.

As in Michelle's case. Your issue isn't with the seat, but with the handlebars. (If they are aftermarket like Michelle's were, go back to the standard OEM bars. [she did]) If they are the standard bars that came with the bike as standard equipment. Try adjusting the bars to a different position and see if that works for you. Mark the bars current position with a black marker. Then move them up or down from that location to see if any adjustment helps. If the original position is the best for you. Return the bars to that position and learn to live with it, or invest in new bars. Then that expenditure may not work either. It's all trial and error when it comes to comfort. My Virago XV1100, for me, fits like a glove. But for others not so.

Back in the day, when seats were straight as a board and you had the torque of A Virago 1100 under you. Trouble was staying on the bike with your knees squeezing the tank and a death grip on the handle bars and strong stomach muscles. You still found you butt sliding off the seat. At least today, the Virago 1100 seat kinda molds to your butt and eliminates all that.
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)