Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Back to work

Where you can find out what is currently going on with the operation of ViragoHelp.com

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Are you pleased with the recent changes on the Virago Help Website?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Dont bother us with polls!
No votes

Total votes: 7

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Back to work

Post by Rob » Sun May 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Well I had taken an entire week of work off to get the site updated and everything working properly again. I go back to work tonight =( :( Yes I work 3rd shift. I easily put in 60 hours into the site this week and can say I am pleased I was able to get mostly everything on the forum side of the site accomplished that was needing done.

The main change was upgrading the forum software from V3.1.9 to V3.2.7 Which unfortunately broke everything and thus caused me to spend most of the time on the site making everything work again with the new revision. Keeping the site updated is very important from a security standpoint as it patches security flaws that are found over time that hackers could use to attack the website.

I also addressed the search function of the site which should now be more user friendly. Instead of a google type search it just does a search of the internal forum itself.

The advertising has been mostly removed except for the very bottom of the forum and I also left it so that an ad shows inside topics above the first post. I will be changing the advertising some more very soon to where logged in members will not have to see any adverts at all, just unregistered visitors and guests will be able to see them. Please dont let me forget to incorporate this feature.

Additional forum categories were added to hopefully make navigation and finding things slightly easier. I added an entire section JUST for people to post questions they have about getting their Virago fixed. I will be adding a post soon giving directions on how people will be expected to use this new forum area. I have already sorted hundreds of posts into new categories and many more still need sorting. If you find a post that should be in a different category please bring it to our attention.

Please everyone feel free to let me know of any ideas you might have for improving the site. This website is here for YOU and I feel getting feedback from you guys is very important in making ViragoHelp.com even better.

Many thanks to everyone for their patience while I was working on getting all this done!

Rob
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Re: Back to work

Post by Michelle » Sun May 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Well done, Rob. It looks awesome.
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates

iamunique127
What Virago you Own: '82 XV920RJ

Post by iamunique127 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 am

I agree, well done. It's good to have a Virago site that works and an admin who cares.
Lyle

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Sat May 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Ty both very much. Just wish I had more time to be on the site. Just over 60 hours this week at work and its sleep/work all week lmao. Being on third shift I swear it feels like I dont get a day off. Get off work saturday morning and im going right back in to work sunday night. That week off was much needed I had.

Im just glad this site helps people and knowing it is appreciated makes me feel amazing =) Thanks to everyone!!
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;) To donate using PayPal click HERE
If you are looking for service manuals for working on a Yamaha Virago we have them available for download HERE

XVRacerik
Diamond Star Member
Diamond Star Member
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100, Teal and Dark Green- 110,000 kilometers

Post by XVRacerik » Fri May 24, 2019 11:40 pm

Thank you Rob, I find it so much easier to navigate the site now :D

Keep the shiny side up :)

Rob
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rob » Sun May 26, 2019 6:15 pm

Thank you for that =P Hows things been going for you? To make things even better I just finished making it so that on the forums registered members no longer have to see advertising anymore. Let me know if you have any issues but you shouldnt. The other part of the website I still need to reformat so it will still be showing ads to members but the forums should be 100% uncluttered for registered members from now on as long as we can scrape by on donations and ad revenue from guest visits. Thank you for hanging around and being an active member all this time :D