☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

Wow 8 years

Where you can find out what is currently going on with the operation of ViragoHelp.com

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Wow 8 years

Post by Rob » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:14 am

As I was adjusting a few things I started thinking back... It had just dawned on me we have been here over 8 years! 8 years.... I'll turn 46 this year. I know you would think i'm 90 with the health problems I am facing. Ever since the nephropathy got bad and I had to quit riding I became just a silent fixture behind the scenes, keeping everything updated, upgraded, and the occasional reworking of things here and there. The hardest battle was the bots and hacking attempts. We have a better track record than the IRS! Let alone countless big companies. Of course they are targeted much more but generally even small websites as this one end up with data breaches or outright takeovers. I can happily say I've kept everyone's data encrypted and safe this entire time. I know cyber security fairly well from way back in early 2000s. I know generally what methods are employed and how to best mitigate those threats. Plus the fact we generate zero profit also helps keep us safe.

I'm sorry for the big board message but I don't have anyone. Its just me and the situation has went from bad to worse. All I can do is apologize for asking for help. I also thank those that are helping. If I can get enough together to cover the last of the bills for the end of this month it will be a miracle.

Thanks again for your support when I am so desperate I decided to ask. I never ask anyone for anything. Ask Joe. I am always trying to be the one helping others. Joe knows well. Speaking of Joe he is one hell of an amazing guy. Without him and some others there would only be articles for help.

I don't want to out anybody so I will just use first and last initial to those that helped already.
Thank you from the depths of my heart:
My Heroes!
J.S.
G.L.L.
E.S.
To be very clear... you are literally saving my behind.

This post is globally active and set to expire within 14 days and will return to the site updates section.

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Re: Wow 8 years

Post by jsyzdek » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:45 pm

Rob,

Thank you for all you do. I'm really sorry for what you're going through. I sure hope everyone steps up. If just half of the 2500 members chip in just a little, we should be able to pull it off.
Keep Calm and Ride On!

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Post by faffi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Wish you all the best!

Personally, I would not mind ads if that can help you even more. Also, at least on Google, finding the donation option is rather difficult on my phone, but very easy on my computer. Easy access can perhaps help getting some additional donations?
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Post by jsyzdek » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:56 pm

As much as I dislike ads, if that's a way to help you out, and in turn help us all, by all means: let's bring the ads in.
Keep Calm and Ride On!