Taking Suggestions for Website Improvements

Where you can find out what is currently going on with the operation of ViragoHelp.com

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Taking Suggestions for Website Improvements

Post by Rob » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 am

Watch for changes to the website......

Thanks to everyone! Joe is correct most I do is work and sleep. I do however make time to keep this place greased and oiled:) I am currently working on moving all the articles from the wordpress side of the site onto this forum side. Ive wanted to do this for awhile. I estimate 60 hours or so of work plus many more buttoning things up after its is live. I have a decent start on it. This will greatly improve the site plus im hoping reduce the resource load slightly so this hosting upgrade holds us for the future. I hate hackers, bots, and ads, I'll do my best to keep all 3 off the site as much as I can. Have a great spring and ride safe everyone!

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Anything at all. Something you think that can be improved. A change you would like to see... anything! I would really appreciate any input and involvement from the community.

Rob
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;)
Yamaha Virago manuals available for download HERE

waspanman
What Virago you Own: 1995 535 1996 750

Re: Taking suggestions

Post by waspanman » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:42 pm

I am also a member of the Triumph Trophy 2012 on forum and they have a gallery page where members bikes, upgrades modifications etc can be viewed. As I spend a lot of time viewing internet image pages for Viragos and freeze framing youtube videos for inspiration, I was just wondering????

Vendetta426
What Virago you Own: 1987 Yamaha virago 700/XV700

Post by Vendetta426 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 pm

Maybe somewhere people/mods can post what tools are needed for a specific repair?
just so we can look at say how to change a starter motor and get our tools ready instead of wasting time and trying to look for what we need.
"Is that a harley?"- My mom seeing my virago for the first time.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Post by ViragoJoe » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:17 am

Vendetta426 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:31 pm
Maybe somewhere people/mods can post what tools are needed for a specific repair?
just so we can look at say how to change a starter motor and get our tools ready instead of wasting time and trying to look for what we need.

Vendetta,

Some Information is already here. You just have to look for it.

Adjusting Virago Valves

https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/app.php/a ... 056562986d

Virago Technical - Greasing Splines

https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/app.php/v ... 056562986d

Virago Carburetor Removal Procedure

Virago Clutch Replacement

Cam Timing Marks

https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/app.php/c ... 056562986d

As for starter systems. A lot of things have changed from 1981 to 1999 regarding starters for various models of Virago's. Engine sizes being a big factor!

Would you do one for your 1987 XV700 starter replacement or any other work that you have done on your Virago. I know other XV700 owners would love to have that information, and appreciate the time you spent in developing the article. Thanks in advance.

We (Rob and I) try to provide information like the above. This information is time consuming to create and we appreciate any help of having members posting information to help us all in the Virago community. Then Rob can place that information in "Member Submitted Help Articles" in the left side panel on this website.

We look forward to whatever you and/or other members may provide.

Take a look at all the articles that have been provided thus far in the Member Submitted Help Articles.

Rob was basically asking how he can improve on how the website works. He really doesn't need any additional work to do how to's, nor do I. Just say'n.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Anything at all. Something you think that can be improved. A change you would like to see... anything! I would really appreciate any input and involvement from the community.
Unquote
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

All topics are archived by vehicle families for easy perusing and to find answers.

Also: If this website was helpful, please consider donating to help keep this site here for yourself and future Virago owners.