☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

1997 XV1100 Special: Front Brake Pads what ones to get? (Upstate NY)

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV1100? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

yzf125
What Virago you Own:

1997 XV1100 Special: Front Brake Pads what ones to get? (Upstate NY)

Post by yzf125 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 am

Hey guys, I just picked up a 1997 Virago 1100 special, I have to replace the front brake pads, What ones do I need to get ? There are some many options out there and all different prices. Are the ones on Ebay ok to get ?

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Re: 1997 XV1100 Special: Front Brake Pads what ones to get? (Upstate NY)

Post by faffi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:33 am

OEM are usually always best as a compromise between stopping power wet and dry, wear, noise and dust. EBC and SBS are both safe bets when it comes to aftermarket in my experience.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Post by ViragoJoe » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:49 am

More information on EBC vs SBS brakes:

SBS vs. EBC Brake Pads (In-Depth Comparison)

https://motorhungry.com/sbs-vs-ebc-brake-pads/
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

All topics are archived by vehicle families for easy perusing and to find answers.

Also: If this website was helpful, please consider donating to help keep this site here for yourself and future Virago owners.

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Post by faffi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Interesting article. I have not had issues with SBS pads when they are cold, but then again I have not used SBS pads since the '90s, meaning my experiences are dated.

Usually, I do not wear brake pads much, less than one mm every 10k miles. I brake seldom, but do the odd hard stop to keep the brakes healthy. However, I fitted a pair of Veshrah pads to my Virago 750 and they wore out in about 6000 miles! And they did not offer much stopping power, either.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.