Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

1989 Brake Caliper Torque Value

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV1100? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

gsmith5678
What Virago you Own:

1989 Brake Caliper Torque Value

Post by gsmith5678 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi! I just rebuilt both brake calipers and can't for the life of me find the torque value for the caliper body bolts - the ones that hold the caliper itself together, not the bracket bolts @ the front fork. Does anyone know this value? I've checked both the Haynes and Clymer manual. Thanks!!

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: 1989 Brake Caliper Torque Value

Post by ViragoJoe » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 am

gsmith5678 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:34 pm
Hi! I just rebuilt both brake calipers and can't for the life of me find the torque value for the caliper body bolts - the ones that hold the caliper itself together, not the bracket bolts @ the front fork. Does anyone know this value? I've checked both the Haynes and Clymer manual. Thanks!!
GS,
Not sure the torque values are available for those squeeze Bolts/Screws. I'm assuming this is for an 1989 XV1100 for this post was placed there.

Click Image to Enlarge:
XV1100 Front Brake Caliper.jpg

Virago Torque Values:
VIRAGO TORQUE VALUES.png

Virago Brake Torque Values Enlarged:
Click Image to Enlarge Further:
VIRAGO TORQUE VALUES ENLARGED.png

I suggest to determine what Bolt/Screw size those squeeze Bolt/Screws are and use the generic value for that sized Bolt/Screw. If you do not have a Thread Gauge and bolt/screw Diameter Gauge. Pull one of them and take it to your Hardware Store or to Lowe's or Home Depot. They will have gauges in the fasteners isle to determine the size.

Metric Generic Torque Values:
Click Image to Enlarge:
METRIC GENERIC TORQUE VALUES.png
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)