1985 Virago XV700 Vacuum Hose Size (Berks County PA)

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV700? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

medicmike
What Virago you Own:

1985 Virago XV700 Vacuum Hose Size (Berks County PA)

Post by medicmike » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:42 pm

I noticed the petcock was wet around the gasket the other day. The gasket replacement kit is ordered but while I have the tank off I want to replace the hoses. Does anyone know what size vacuum and fuel lines are used? I’d like to get them before I tear everything apart so it’s ready to ride again right away. It’s my DD(Daily Driver) so I can’t afford a ton of downtime. The wife was already upset that I left it sit and took the car to work today.
Paramedic on a bike. Any day is a good day to ride as long as there is not snow on the ground. Not a fair weather rider.

1985 Virago 700

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: 1985 Virago XV700 Vacuum Hose Size (Berks County PA)

Post by ViragoJoe » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:30 pm

medicmike wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:42 pm
I noticed the petcock was wet around the gasket the other day. The gasket replacement kit is ordered but while I have the tank off I want to replace the hoses. Does anyone know what size vacuum and fuel lines are used? I’d like to get them before I tear everything apart so it’s ready to ride again right away. It’s my DD(Daily Driver) so I can’t afford a ton of downtime. The wife was already upset that I left it sit and took the car to work today.
Mike,

The I.D. is metric, however, if you pull off either Vacuum or Fuel Line their I.D. are usually around 1/4" inch.

Pull one off an see if the opening measures up. It should.

Purchase an inexpensive set of hose pliers to help remove the hoses. You'll thank me later. Cuz those suckers can really be a P.I.T.A. getting off without them and you'll usually damage the hose or break something else. No need, to ask me how I know this!
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

Also: If this website was helpful, please consider donating to help keep this site here for yourself and future Virago owners.

Yamaha Virago manuals for download. Left Side Panel
or Click this Link:
https://viragohelp.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1722