Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

The Circuit Riding Preacher...1984 XV1000

Tell us a little about you, and of course... about your bike!!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Bubba9710
What Virago you Own:

The Circuit Riding Preacher...1984 XV1000

Post by Bubba9710 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 pm

Greetings from the great Canadian prairies! When I first started riding motorcycle at 16, I longed for a Virago...this spring I was given an incredible birthday gift...a 1984 XV1000! Running. Rolling. And looking just as beautiful as they come!

In the process of making a few modifications - a new set of handlebars goes on this week. New mirrors and signal lights will pop on next week. I'll be looking to add some forward controls - which will be a challenge as they don't make them but I will see what I can locate.

The Prairie Preacher,

James
Click Image to Enlarge:
Attachments
IMG_0455.jpg
From the Prairie Preacher...James

In the garage...when not on the highway:
1984 Yamaha XV1000
1981 Honda GL1100

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: The Circuit Riding Preacher...1984 XV1000

Post by ViragoJoe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:14 am

Bubba9710 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 pm
Greetings from the great Canadian prairies! When I first started riding motorcycle at 16, I longed for a Virago...this spring I was given an incredible birthday gift...a 1984 XV1000! Running. Rolling. And looking just as beautiful as they come!

In the process of making a few modifications - a new set of handlebars goes on this week. New mirrors and signal lights will pop on next week. I'll be looking to add some forward controls - which will be a challenge as they don't make them but I will see what I can locate.

The Prairie Preacher,

James
James, welcome to Virago help. Nice looking bike!!

Since you mentioned changing handlebars. Here is an article on handlebar changing to consider:
www.viragohelp.com/short-takes-misc-sub ... rago-tips/

Scroll down to #17 Changing Handle Bars.

They do make forward controls for your bike, but pricey. Our source no longer makes them, sorry to say, for they were the best forward controls around and reasonably priced. However, Choppin retired and moved from Illinois and went South to Alabama.
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)