Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

Hello from North Yorkshire, UK

Tell us a little about you, and of course... about your bike!!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

jonno51
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV 1100

Hello from North Yorkshire, UK

Post by jonno51 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello all,

Joined today after buying an 1100, which will be delivered next week. Had an 1100 about 20 years ago, but since then I've mainly had sportsbikes or tourers apart from a year when I had a VN800 Drifter as a second bike.

The bike I've bought has done 60k miles but is in good condition. I'll be doing all the usual checks before I take it out (fluids, pads, battery charge etc) although with the weather here "taking it out" could mean March next year.
I do a lot of my own work on my bikes so I'm looking forward to a simple bike with no fuel injection, no liquid cooling and no fairings.
Based on my recollections of the last XV, I'll definitely be changing the fork oil and putting progressive springs in, as well as installing some Ricor Intiminators (cartridge emulators). As luck would have it I have a pair of 38mm ones from another bike that I can use.

No similar site exists in the UK for Virago owners, which is why I am here.I look forward to along and happy association

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: Hello from North Yorkshire, UK

Post by ViragoJoe » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello Jonno,
Welcome to Virago Help. Glad you're here. Hopefully, we can help you in some way, as well as, you helping us.

Post some pictures, we'd like to see your bike and you on it if you like.

Joe
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)