94 XV1100 Hi everyone. I'm an engineer with a terrible modification obsession (U.S.)

Tell us a little about you, and of course... about your bike!!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

subzerovirago94
What Virago you Own:

94 XV1100 Hi everyone. I'm an engineer with a terrible modification obsession (U.S.)

Post by subzerovirago94 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:37 pm

My nickname is McGuyver. I've been called that by everyone I work with for the last 30 years. I have a degree in engineering and en extensive collection of half finished projects. I don't think I've ever actually finished a project in my life. I've just gotten them to a point where im happy enough with it to ride it or sell it or get paid for it. I've got the 94 virago 1100 I purchased two years ago for 200 bucks. I chopped the back fender and left just enough for the stock seat and a modified vstar sissy bar. Removed all the extra trim and emissions and fabricated a one two two intake for an hsr45 carb. They accidentally sent me the hsr48 so I made it work and I'm glad I did because this bad girl can suck in air like a turbine. I thought I'd have trouble jetting but the only problem I ran into was keeping enough gas flowing into the thing to stay at WOT for any length of time without draining the float bowl or clogging a jet. The jet problem was solved by eliminating the lower tank and putting a big filter right there instead. The filter I'm using is probably a quart of fuel so it's not a bad trade. My exhaust is the gutted stock and my air filter is a Harley style scoop. Really helps shove that air in for almost scary acceleration compared to stock my little mods have given it a whole new personality. I put after market handle bars and tach. I've got a cnc machine lathe and welding equipment so I've fabricated a bunch of custome bits everywhere with lots more to come. I'll post some pics asap

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: 94 XV1100 Hi everyone. I'm an engineer with a terrible modification obsession (U.S.)

Post by ViragoJoe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:46 am

McGuyver,

You've come to the right place. We have Doctors available on this forum that can assist you with your "half finished projects" syndrome.

You aren't the only member here with this affliction. Trust us, there are others that have it too.

Welcome to Virago Help.

We have doctors available:

doc
Dr. Piston and
Dr. Frankenstein

Just to name a few available here that have Virago experience. Along with physician assistants that can help with your "half finished projects" syndrome.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location & Bike Information.
It will aid us in assisting you!

GDad
What Virago you Own: 1991 Virago XV1100
1996 Virago XV250
1983 Virago XV500

Re: 94 XV1100 Hi everyone. I'm an engineer with a terrible modification obsession (U.S.)

Post by GDad » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:50 pm

Welcome

Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

G