1985 xv700NC, 699cc (New Zealand) [Intro.]

Tell us a little about you, and of course... about your bike!!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Tattooed1167
What Virago you Own:

Re: 1985 xv700NC, 699cc (New Zealand) [Intro.]

Post by Tattooed1167 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:32 am

It is way to easy for someone over here to put a vehicle in someone else name so I dont want my vin number displayed publicly for my own peace of mind if the bike was to ever come up for sale I have all the paperwork to prove this is legitimate.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: 1985 xv700NC, 699cc (New Zealand) [Intro.]

Post by ViragoJoe » Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am

Tattooed1167 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:32 am
It is way to easy for someone over here to put a vehicle in someone else name so I dont want my vin number displayed publicly for my own peace of mind if the bike was to ever come up for sale I have all the paperwork to prove this is legitimate.
Didn't mean to strike a nerve here. However, it can raise questions is all we're saying.

Your cars VIN number is on display for all to see. Just look through the windshield for it. So, your car may be more susceptible to be placed in someone else's name more than your bike would ever be and it is worth more, money wise.

As for vehicle inspections to approve a bike for use on public roads. They aren't matching Title to Bike VIN. They really don't care. Just that the bike is road ready and is safe to operate on public roads.

Don't misunderstand. We were merely trying to point out issues you may have created for yourself by blacking out the VIN.

Maybe, we shouldn't have said anything to you about it. After all it isn't our bike. We have no skin in this game. So, it really doesn't concern us. Yamaha was mandated by law to place the VIN sticker where it is for reference purposes. What a person does with it after the bike is sold to them, Yamaha doesn't care what happens to that sticker, nor do we.

Don't take it personal. We weren't trying to offend you.

Hopefully, blacking out the VIN won't create issues for you in the future.
Good luck.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location.
It will aid us in assisting you!