Things look bleak. If anyone can donate please do. Thanks everyone. Im trying to scrape up funds..... only month to go.
Rob

XV535 WHAT IS THE BEST FUEL PUMP (California)

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV250? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

barnett468
What Virago you Own:

XV535 WHAT IS THE BEST FUEL PUMP (California)

Post by barnett468 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 am

Hello, I need a new fuel pump because mine is leaking, and the cheap one I bought on Ebay will not siphon fuel once the fuel level gets below the elbow on the top of the lower tank that feeds the fuel pump.

Is there a fuel pump other than the original one that will siphon fuel once the lower fuel tank gets low on fuel.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Re: XV535 WHAT IS THE BEST FUEL PUMP (California)

Post by ViragoJoe » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 am

What model Year?
If this website was helpful, please consider donating.

Remember: It's Free to use - but not free to run - make a contribution to support the site, or it may not be here after Feb., 2023!

ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

All topics are archived by vehicle families for easy perusing and to find answers.

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

efrokura
What Virago you Own:

Post by efrokura » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:49 pm

I also need to replace my leaking fuel pump. I have a 1998 XV535. Any suggestions?

Flow
What Virago you Own:

Post by Flow » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Hi, I have the same problem with a 94 535. The pump will not pull out the last 4-5 litres of fuel from the tank under the seat. No obstructions: drained will another manual pump the tank, flushed a few times with clean gas, changed fuel filter, the top fuel pipes. All I can think is that the pump has not enough power to pull fuel by it's own. Also when the tanks are full or more than 5-6 litres are in the tank if I remove the pipe that takes fuel from the pump to the carbs (engine off) fuel flows free (slow rate but it does). Is that normal? Shouldn't the pump let fuel flow only when engine on or power button "ON".
Sorry my first bike trying to learn , already changed solenoid, cleaned all terminals, neutral connections and had some other electrical problems ( battery draining fast with highlight on even if the stator and regulator are good).
Thank you!