☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

1995 XV535S Dies Wiring Issue?

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV250? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

68datroad
What Virago you Own: XV535S 1995

1995 XV535S Dies Wiring Issue?

Post by 68datroad » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:23 pm

Picked up a new to me 95 XV535S and it has some wiring issues. Last owner bypassed side stand switch due to dies when put in gear. I have traced down wiring and found that it also dies instantly when fuel reserve switch turned on. Figuring the two must be related to a common wire? Thinking might be an issue with the TCI (safety system), neutral switch and clutch switch both working fine and as stated earlier side stand switch has been bypassed. Starts right up and idles and throttle up fine just dies when put in any gear. Appreciate any thoughts one might have. A lot of great information on this forum but unable to find anything discussing my problem.

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Re: 1995 XV535S Dies Wiring Issue?

Post by faffi » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:37 am

This just posted may be of help viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2276

Otherwise, you need the correct wiring diagram and study it, then make a plan on how to perform a fault finding diagnosis. Usually, a short, or a broken wire/connector or poor ground are your causes. Poor ground can cause all sorts of issues.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.

68datroad

Post by 68datroad » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Much appreciated!

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Post by ViragoJoe » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:29 am

Wiring Diagram for 1995 XV535:

Click Image to Enlarge or Right Click to Save File
89_96_us_XV535.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile with location (State/Country) & Bike Information. It will aid us in assisting you!

All topics are archived by vehicle families for easy perusing and to find answers.

Also: If this website was helpful, please consider donating to help keep this site here for yourself and future Virago owners.

68datroad

Post by 68datroad » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Thank you. I did finally get it to run by grounding wire at TCI so obviously a safety system issue so continuing to troubleshoot per diagram.

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Post by faffi » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:43 pm

Good news with the progress 8-)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.