☆This time I personally need your help....☆
This was a tough decision to decide on. I generally stay behind the scenes keeping this site chugging along. Joe, is the one that gives out the amazing wealth of knowledge he has. I've put an amazing amount of time into the bringing together this website and not to mention have footed the bills a few times. I've kept us hacker free for a damn long time. I never ask much of you guy/gals. Only if we get in crunch time and the site needs a little help. Ive never asked for the ridiculous thousands I have seen another site ask for.. ridiculous is the perfect word. I even removed ads for those that log in, severely cutting revenue. Sites been about helping people, not making money. I feel bad actually doing this.. but I need help. I have gastroparesis brought on from diabetes(20+ years). I've been struggling with this nightmare for over 3 years. Finally diagnosed beginning this year. Look it up. Look up worst cases... that's me. Ive lost 60 lbs since January. 28 days ago the company I've worked for for many years found their dirty lil way to fire me. I was approved for up to 3 days off a week for fmla.. that really pissed them off. So illegally fired, savings drained from medical bills, bad diabetic now with no insurance. I'm in deep shit. That is politely saying it unfortunately. If any of you guys cant help please at least keep me in your thoughts. If this was wrong, me asking for help, my apologies. I'm declining in health fast, and unemployment hasn't came through yet and that in itself is a nightmare. Anyone who can, please donate to the website. This time it goes to help me. Thank you everyone. Again, my apologies for asking. I honestly don't know what to do or where to turn.
Rob *This message can be dismissed by hovering over the upper right corner of it and X should appear. click that.*
UPDATE: THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN A FEW OF YOU DONATING. THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'M LITERALLY IN TEARS AS I TYPE THIS. EVERY PENNY COUNTS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THE HEROES RIGHT NOW.

2001 XV250 seized but not seized (Ireland)

Have a question about fixing something on a Yamaha Virago XV250? Post it here!

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Re: 2001 XV250 seized but not seized (Ireland)

Post by faffi » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Perhaps even using a high pressure washer if you can, to blow through all channels. Then blow through with compressed air. If you do not have a high pressure washer, at least use brake fluid from a high flow, high pressure can and then use compressed air. It does not take much metal shavings to clog a channel or score a bearing, destroying the engine over again.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.

efus
What Virago you Own: XV 250

Post by efus » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:09 am

Hello Faffi,

For now, I have done a good cleaning with gas removing the big part of the metal shaves that were around,

In my lab I have compressed air, so I will take there one piece at time and blow inside all the canals to clean them up...there are a lot of things that I want, but to break again for a piece of metal after all this work is not one of them :lol:

Good idea for the isopropyl alcohol, I will for sure buy a can to clean the stator and remove all the dust before reassembly the engine.

Until the arrival of the pieces, my updates will be only regarding cleaning and aesthetics, but I will try to make a video on the crankshaft reassembly and its balancing so that it can be useful in the future for someone else.
Usually those who are too afraid of falling fall ... but it is not that those who have too little are better off!

efus

Post by efus » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:09 am

no sooner said than done.

First passed gasoline to remove the bulk of the crap.

Second pass acetone and compressed air.

Usually those who are too afraid of falling fall ... but it is not that those who have too little are better off!

faffi
What Virago you Own: 1982 XV750 with XV1100 engine, Seca rear wheel, XT600Z shock, Seca 650 fuel tank

Post by faffi » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:04 am

8-)
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a motorcycle.

efus

Post by efus » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:42 pm

Progress, big progress.

So, I was able to stick together the crankshaft with the new rods and balance it.

In reality, I wasn't able to reach a perfect tolerance, so probably I will have a little bit more o vibration, but I have done my best, also because I hadn't a copper hammer, so I used a huge piece of lead...and also the working space wasn't the "optimal".

Mounted all back, everything seems to work mechanically speaking.

The clutch work, I'm able to change the gears, and putting in any gear I'm able to push the thing and make it move.

My problem now is with the connection battery solenoid, ground....lol....if I push the stat I have only a bad noise coming from the starter relay....

I should had take a picture of that...SHAME ON ME!

Still, I will figure out.

efus

Post by efus » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:07 am

ok...I start to feel dumb.

I'm trying to connect the battery and I'm lost.

For what I get from the electrical diagram, at the negative of the battery should be connected the ground, at the positive the fuse and the solenoid. At the negative of the solenoid is connected the negative of the starting motor.

Now, I have a spare negative cable of which I have no idea.

the one near my hand is the ground.

this is the "spare" cable.

FImage

Any help is welcome.

I tried to push with no result.

This should be a "simplified" version of the electrical system...for this reason I'm confused bu that black cable

efus

Post by efus » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 am

...almost there