Tired of seeing ads? Register now! Registered members NO longer have to see any advertising on the forum side of the website. Enjoy! --- Rob

They are out there.

Anything NOT about the Yamaha Virago

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

They are out there.

Post by Michelle » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:38 pm

This is a topic I picked up from my motorcycle club here in Australia where we share stories of the dumbest things we have seen on the roads. One thing we seem to have a lot of in Australia is unlicensed drivers and unregistered cars and motorbikes.
Here are some stats from the Police who conducted a blitz over just one weekend in Australia:
1900 drivers were drug-tested with 218 returning a positive result. 1 out of every 9.
More than 121,000 drivers were breath tested with 286 recording a blood alcohol concentration over the legal limit (that’s 1 in every 424)."
The numbers of unlicensed drivers/riders caught (310).
Disqualified drivers/riders (244).
Unregistered cars/bikes (837).

Just yesterday it was on the News that a group of three motorbikes on a country road whilst riding in formation had got too close with one bike clipping another causing all three to go down. One rider in the group was killed. And I don't know how many times I've seen some nit on the highway doing a wheel-stand on his unregistered trail bike in just shorts and T-shirt as I think "Where are the cops?".

So what have you seen lately that has had you shaking your head in disbelief?
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"

Re: They are out there.

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed May 01, 2019 8:05 am

We have crazies here, however, not that many!!

Thought you might like to read this, if you haven't already:
DANGERS OF WEARING A BANDANA
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=724
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
;)

Michelle
What Virago you Own: 1988 XV400 Virago

Post by Michelle » Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 am

Reported on the News just last night was the story of a 20 year old young attractive woman driving her car with two of her friends as passengers. Just for fun they were snap-chatting and on instagram, as young people are, and they got a great pic of the driver's face just as she noticed the headlights of the oncoming car. About one second after that image, she died almost instantly having allowed her car to drift on to the wrong side of the road. Her two friends were badly injured as was the man in the other car they hit who is listed as "critical".
Did her two surviving friends learn anything from the crash? Apparently not as they are now uploading selfies of themselves whilst in the Trauma Unit. :roll: :?
1988 XV400 Virago
On L-Plates

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

Post by ViragoJoe » Wed May 01, 2019 10:40 am

Sad situation. When are people going to learn?! Probably never!!!
ViragoJoe
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
;)