"SMALL PRINT" - WE ALL SEEM NOT TO READ IT!

Anything NOT about the Yamaha Virago

Moderators: ViragoJoe, choppin

ViragoJoe
What Virago you Own: 1996 Virago Special XV1100SH

"SMALL PRINT" - WE ALL SEEM NOT TO READ IT!

Post by ViragoJoe » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:10 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen of the ViragoHelp Community,

We all have a tendency to miss read or not read small print in our daily lives. In one form or another.

Like all small print it usually gets unnoticed. So, I want to bring this to your attention. Please see the small print at the top of the page.

Scroll up and you will see it.

Here, we are all eager to get answers to our questions and head for the larger print topics, where information is provided.

I feel it is important to point out the small print at the top of this page. Rob the creator and Administrator of this website puts endless hours in to keep it secure, up and running, with minimal down times. Basically, no down time to speak of.

Upon the end of April, 2021, if you can not log into the website and you get that nasty 404 not found. It is due to insufficient funds to keep the site alive. Over the past 6+ years, we have supported the short fall in funds and have shoulder the dollars that weren't met.

So, please donate to keep ViragoHelp up and running. There use to be several Virago sites 15 years ago. Two of them are incorporated in ViragoHelp. Dr. Piston and the original (VOC) Virago Owners Club websites. All others went dark.

So, if you like this site and need information for your Virago, donate to keep it going. Thanks.

Or it may be gone and on the dark side of the force!
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
1996 XV1100SH Virago Special
"Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!!"
;)

NOTE TO ALL:
:arrow: Please edit your profile to include your location.
It will aid us in assisting you!

covenant4935

Re: "SMALL PRINT" - WE ALL SEEM NOT TO READ IT!

Post by covenant4935 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 am

$10 donated, thank you for all the help :lol:

ViragoJoe

Post by ViragoJoe » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:07 am

covenant4935 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 am
$10 donated, thank you for all the help :lol:
covenant,
Thank you!

And all who have contributed thus far.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
;)

NOTE TO ALL:

waspanman
What Virago you Own: 1995 535 1996 750

Post by waspanman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:16 pm

Might help us all if we knew how much was required to maintain the site, that way the $5.00 helpful would have some context. I have done one, but would be happy to put in another if necessary.

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Post by jsyzdek » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:13 pm

yes: it would help to know what kind of tab is there to pick up. I just made my 2nd donation, but unsure what the goal is.
Keep Calm and Ride On!

ViragoJoe

Post by ViragoJoe » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:32 am

jsyzdek and waspanman,

Similar to you. Rob is beyond busy these days. Working long hours 6 days a week and on the graveyard shift. Not on the site as much as he would like. Except, keeping site secure. We have been bombarded with Spam Bots as of late. Hackers trying to undermined the operation of the site. Users never see that crap. Rob takes care of this behind the scenes. Myself and Rob can see the hacker attacker's and eliminate the threats. Other wise the Topics would be filled with meaningless garbage and you would have to Wallow through all that crap to try to get to the valued information about your Virago's.

When he's able he'll get back to us, I'm sure.
ViragoJoe 🇺🇸
;)

NOTE TO ALL:

jsyzdek
What Virago you Own: 1995 XV1100. My dad has a 1996 XV535. I also ride a 2008 SV650S and 2004 Yamaha TTR125. Currently restoring a 50cc Yamaha Champ moped

Post by jsyzdek » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Guys: let's all chip in $5-10, shall we? Joe has been helping us all tremendously. Ain't that worth a Lincoln or a Hamilton? We seem to have fallen into the "free" economy, where everything is "free". C'mon! I would be annoyed if I not only devoted my time to help people, but also had to pay for the infrastructure to do it because apparently it ain't worth a cup of coffee and a donut.
Keep Calm and Ride On!

waspanman
What Virago you Own: 1995 535 1996 750

Post by waspanman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:26 pm

Just put in another $5.00 where we lead, let's hope others follow.
Let's not lose this invaluable resource

Rob
Administrator
Administrator
What Virago you Own: Unable to ride due to health issues...

Post by Rob » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:54 am

Thanks to everyone! Joe is correct most I do is work and sleep. I do however make time to keep this place greased and oiled:) I am currently working on moving all the articles from the wordpress side of the site onto this forum side. Ive wanted to do this for awhile. I estimate 60 hours or so of work plus many more buttoning things up after its is live. I have a decent start on it. This will greatly improve the site plus im hoping reduce the resource load slightly so this hosting upgrade holds us for the future. I hate hackers, bots, and ads, I'll do my best to keep all 3 off the site as much as I can. Have a great spring and ride safe everyone!
If this website was helpful please consider donating to help keep this site here for future Virago owners. :idea: ;)
Yamaha Virago manuals available for download HERE